jeudi 17 mars 2016

Want to start a blog. Need advice

Want to start a blog. Need advice

After thinking an awful lot I made a decision to start my own blog.

I got a name for the blog, the niche, what sections to make, what videos to make etc. Basically i have a written down plan. So the easy part's done.

Now's the hard part. As I am a total newbie, i want your opinion on some things.

1. What is the best platform to place the blog at? I want to mention that I know nothing about building a website, so it needs to be with some sort of site-building tools. I looked at wix and blogspot so far but haven't make any decision yet. Also, I need a secure platform so I won't have to think about them hackers. And I should be able to make a sign-up form for emailing stuff to the interested audience.
Also the big question is how to export all the stuff on a stand-alone website when I'm ready to move. So before giving me any piece of advice please consider it.

2. How many articles/videos should it be before I start some advertising?

3. What are the best social media to use to, you know, spread the word?

4. What instruments of attracting the audience should I use in the first six or twelve months? please note that I have no illusions about monetizing this blog, I know that it's going to be a hard work for at least a year before I'll be able to make any money out of it. I am ready for it.

5. What's the best way to protect the content from getting it ripped off? I don't want to spend tens of hours to write something just to get it taken away by anybody.

6. Let's say I run my blog for 6 months using social media to support it, what is an average audience number I should attract per month? What number is really good and what number is awful?

That's it for now but I'm sure that I'll ask a lot more after figuring out the basics.

P.S. I am deliberately not asking any SEO advice for now but if you got any useful info you want to share with me please don't hesitate.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More